Sunday, January 18, 2015

Checking in, 1/18/15

Just letting all of youse guys know that I'm out here.  I think I haven't posted because I have this really vain notion that I am a genius, so I want to wow you with my extra special gray matter.

That's a joke, ya'll.

Well, it's a joke, but Rush Limbaugh says that joke is better if there's some truth in it.  Yes, I am a bit vain, especially about me brain.  That vanity isn't always a good thing, so before I get to be too much of a swell head, I will take shots at myself to stay humble.  The idea is like Joe Morgan's with respect for the necessity to remind yourself of something.  Joe Morgan, the hall of fame second baseman, who began his career with the Astros, had the habit of flapping his arm to remind himself to keep his arm from flapping around, if memory of that story is correct.  Sometimes it is useful to remind yourself of something that you need to remember in order to be at your best.

I forgot to take my thyroid pill yesterday, so it may have led me to feel a bit tired.  I couldn't keep my eyes open all day yesterday.  Just wanted to rest my eyes.  My eyes get tired a lot.  I use my eyes an awful lot.  Writing this blog, reading, and driving for a living are all activities that require that your eyes remain open.  It's a problem if you want to keep them closed, you see.

The late start today may be fatigue.  So much for that explanation.  I think I may be getting a bit confused.  Always working doing something.  What's wrong with a little rest?


No comments: