Sunday, October 26, 2014

Connecting the dots

The anniversary of the 9-11 attacks was not that long ago.  It came to me just now that there was a time in which I failed to "connect the dots" about something that was going on at the time.  Although it was not on the order of a terrorist attack that resulted in a loss of life, it was quite serious to me at the time.  What jogged some memories of that time, and what was happening back then, was the discovery of a key that I had misplaced.  The key was to a lock for a gun rug that held my only gun, a Smith and Wesson .357 Magnum snub nose revolver.  I bought the gun in response to events that I couldn't quite figure out at the time.  Looking back, it seems incredible that I couldn't connect the dots.  I can see why the Feds couldn't connect the dots either in the 9-11 attacks.  Their paradigms may be blinding them to the truth---as mine blinded me---as "the truth is a slippery thing".

It is easy to attribute malice to the failure to connect the dots.  After all, to everyone but the person involved, the truth of the matter may be plain.  But the truth may not be plain to someone who is being hobbled by a thinking pattern that is blinding them.  So it is in the case of this country.  The leadership couldn't see it coming and many people think that this was a deliberate act to just "let it happen".  In fact, the failure to see may not have any malice behind it at all.  If your paradigms keep the truth hidden from you, you're not going to see it coming in any event nor intent.  Even if malice was the intent, you may still not see it coming.

This is probably happening on a large scale, as the country may not see something that is coming.  It has happened before with Pearl Harbor, the 9-11 attacks, and perhaps some event that is looming just around the corner.

I have stated over and over, but perhaps in not so many words, how there needs to be a paradigm shift in this culture.  We are headed in the wrong direction, but like my case, it may not be clear why it is wrong, and how it is wrong.  Perhaps at some time in the future, things may become more clear.

I've offered my thoughts.  Maybe somebody in the position to do something can do something about it.


No comments: