Saturday, October 11, 2014

Activated charcoal arrived today

Since it has, I've been working on making a filter out of it.  Not much luck!  This stuff is messy.

After trying a couple of tea bags ( removed tea from bags, and used the filter paper ), and running some greywater through it, I've become disappointed again.

There's got to be a problem with how I am doing all this, but I can't put my finger on it.

If I were to take this water that has been filtered with activated charcoal, I don't think my results would be any different from what I've been getting.

One thing I could try is to go through the activated carbon filter first, then through the sand.  Both tea bag/activated carbon filters were at the bottom of the device after having passed through the sand first.  If the procedure were reversed, maybe the results would be different?

Perhaps it's a good time to review this from the beginning, huh?  The video at the link has now been made private.  Why do you suppose that is?  Now, there's this video, which is quite similar and is still there.

After watching that video, I can see where I may be going wrong.

Update:

I'm feeling a bit tired at the moment, and a bit frustrated.  Perhaps it is better to leave this for another day.  If I've learned anything from this latest work, it's that I'm going to have rebuild my filter.  That's not what I'm in the mood for right now, so that can wait.


No comments: