Thursday, February 24, 2011

About this trip

I've mentioned a trip for the last few posts, so I'll end the mystery and discuss where I'm going and what I'm doing.  I wanted to observe the Shuttle launch today in person.  What I didn't know is that this easier said than done.  It looks like you have to book reservations in advance in order to do this.  I wasn't expecting to actually go on the site, but it is pretty much required so as to get a decent observation point.

I considered a tour as well, but I don't like that idea either.  For example, the thing has to be arranged in advance.  It looks like I can get a ticket online for tomorrow, but the launch is today.  Also, the site says they try to process the ticket within 72 hours.  Well, that seems a bit shaky, so I don't think I like that idea.

The only thing remaining- and this may be a stretch, is to find a place to witness the launch in the local area.  I understand these places are crowded, so that's not good.  Why not leave now?  If I leave where I am now, I may get home by the end of the day, or early evening.

After considering this for few minutes, I've decided to turn around and go home.  My trip hasn't been a complete washout though.  I consider the trip to Tallahassee to have salvaged the entire trip.   If I really wanted to, I can hang around in Florida, and book a tour for tomorrow, or even next week, but I would rather not.

So, there it is.  I'll be getting back home soon.  The regular schedule will resume tomorrow, hopefully.

No comments: