Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Posting will continue to be light

Still on my trip.  I will arrive at destination later this afternoon.

Gold begins up this morning ( local time about 5:30 am).

I once heard someone once talk about how great it was to live through a war.  Well, if you can live through it, that is indeed great.  But nobody wants war, except for the few wackos who want it.  Could the world erupt into a new world war?  Sadly, I think that is a distinct possibility.

What causes war?  If I may expound upon that briefly.  I'd say wars are generally caused by overcrowding.  This is akin to a lack of resources which can also be a causative factor.  If you boil it all down to one concept, it is scarcity.  People want stuff that other people have, so they fight over it.

Wars could end if everything was in great abundance.  Do people fight over the air we breathe?  As long as there's a superabundance of it, the idea is inconceivable.  Let's say all fresh water needs could be met despite droughts.  No need then, to fight over water.  If food is in great abundance, no need to fight over food.  If living space is abundant, who would fight over land?  And so on and so forth.  If there was a reason to fight, it would then be over something that had little to do with survival, or basic needs.

If you can meet needs all the way up the hierarchy of needs, the less reason you have to fight.  If there are no reasons to fight, then it becomes a matter of controlling emotions.  People can govern that and governments can control violence, if they so chose.  The world could be made peaceful.  That is, if peace is really desired.

Update:

Still driving.  I'm in Florida.  Stopped by here because I was curious.



I really liked the place.  I took dozens of pics.

No comments: