Sunday, November 8, 2015

Obligatory, 11.8.15; Sunday shows and miscellany

Need to post something today.  I did add an update to the post before this one.  It is rather chilling that this kind of stuff is going on just south of the border and involved a border agent.  This is another red light on the dashboard.  One of many.

So, my day today?   I did something I don't usually do:  I watched one of those wretched Sunday shows on TV.  Steffie Stephanopolous' show whatever it is called now.  It used to be called "This Week" with David Brinkley.  Back when there was a bit more class, but I repeat myself.

Anyway, the part of the discussion was about Ben Carson.  These guys aren't going to drop this scholarship nonsense.  Now they are saying is that he should have used more precision in his language.  Hmm.  Okay, let's give an example of how silly this is.  Let's say an interior decorator takes issue with you for calling a color green instead of chartreuse.  "He" will probably say that you should be more precise in your language.  Yeah?  Almost everybody will see green and probably not want to even pronounce that other word.  Get it?  We are being lectured by interior decorators on the name of colors.  Carson used "scholarship" when he was technically wrong, like saying green for chartreuse would be technically wrong.  Who doubts that he could have gotten into West Point if he wanted to?  It's a total non-issue.

What I saw on the show was a lot of attention paid to non-issues like this.

As for the rest of my day so far, I worked a little.  Then I cleaned up a little.  I used six trash bags so far to remove a lot of old clothes that have to go.  About two bags will contain clothes good enough to donate to charity.

A day in the life.  Whoop-de-doo.


No comments: