Monday, November 9, 2015

Morris really, really doesn't like Carson

Dick Morris stretches things himself when he goes after Carson's credibility.  It lists a whole bunch of "whoppers" that look to me to not be that at all, but a difference of opinion.

If Carson is wrong about the Pyramids in Egypt, it doesn't make him a liar.

If Carson says he could have gone to West Point after talking to Gen. Westmoreland, it doesn't necessarily mean that he's lying because he cannot prove it.  An example?  I can say where I lived when I was 8 years old, but if it no longer exists, and I can't prove it by showing it, it doesn't mean I'm lying.  I can give a LOT of examples like that from my own life.  An examination of Carson's background shows that he could have gone to West Point if he wanted to.  There's no there there.   Westmoreland is dead, you can't ask him if he ever met Carson.  The accusation of lying is way the hell over the top.

If the point of Morris' video is to convince someone like me to go against Carson, he has failed.  He hurts his own credibility.  This was a shoddy attempt to harm Carson.  He's got to do a whole lot better than this if he wants to question his viability as a candidate.

But he might be right.  Since so many people are ready to vote for Hillary even though a majority do not think she is trustworthy with regards to the truth, I don't get the point of Morris' argument even if he was 100% correct.  It is this society, a society that can vote for a woman like this in the first place, that is the problem.  At worst, Carson is a very minor offender.  He cannot compare with the likes of the Clintons.  The comparison is not apt.

Update:

It looks like Morris may have gotten some of his material from a New York Times editorial.  Really, Dick.  You have to be a bit more critical when you read this stuff.  What happened to critical thinking skills?

Morris is sloppy sometimes.  Maybe more than sometimes.


No comments: