Friday, September 11, 2015

Obligatory, 9/11/15

Pardon the sparse blogging.  I got something of a jolt yesterday when my tablet told me that I had a computer virus.  Frankly, I didn't know whether to take it seriously or not.  I decided to take it seriously, but not to BUY anything, which is what I suspected was being done.

I shut down all operations, and slept on it.  First thing this am, I went to the play store and got a security app. After installing it, it reported no problems.  Now I don't know if something is there or not, but a security app says it is clean.  Okay, maybe it is or maybe it isn't.  I have to assume it is clean.

It bugs me to even have such a problem.   Do you depend a lot on the internet?  Chances are, you do.  The loss of it may be devastating.  Both on personal level and at the national level.  What makes it all work is INTEGRITY.  If there's no integrity, it can't work.  Funny how something like that can be taken for granted because it should be obvious to everyone, but apparently these days, you can't take integrity for granted.

As for taking things for granted, today is September 11th.  A day that should live in infamy, but has been flushed down the memory hole.  I remember a caller on a local talk show was talking about never taking things for granted again after that day.  Seems like that lesson has been forgotten.  It too has been flushed down the memory hole.

The main point here is that integrity has been lost.  The flushing down the memory hole of lessons that must not be forgotten is but one example of how the integrity in our system has been lost.

My high school physics teacher said something to the class on the first day of classes of that year--- it has remained with me since.  He said: "never lose your integrity, because you may never get it back."

Rather chilling to think that this is a national problem, isn't it?


No comments: