Friday, April 3, 2015

Good Friday

Religion hasn't been my strong suit.  I freely admit that.  It snuck up on me again, like always.

I meant to write something about the subject.  Ann Barnhardt writes about it.  If it weren't for her, I probably wouldn't have written this little piece now, for what it is worth.

I include this link from the video The Gospel of John, which illustrates something about the nature of man, at least as I understand it.  After seeing all the miracles of Jesus, and having shared this with him personally, Phillip asks Jesus to show them the Father.  Jesus rebukes him.  Why?

Isn't it obvious?  Maybe it isn't because it wasn't obvious to Phillip.

There are those who say that they would believe if they saw such things, but here is Phillip asking Jesus to show them the Father.  They have already seen Him, yet they will not believe.  That's the problem.

There it is.  That's about all I can manage.  Maybe somebody will get something from that.


No comments: