Monday, March 30, 2015

Chair fail

Well, this is most unexpected and unwelcome.  Last night, I was trying out this chair for sleeping, as I indicated in an earlier post.  Everything seemed okay until about 3 am, when I started to get up, the chair broke.

Now I've got to send it back and get a refund.  Not what I had in mind.

Also, I have to find a replacement idea.  I like the idea of using a recliner because of its dual purpose.  You can relax in it and sleep in it.  I do that with my own recliner here at home.  Not only that, you can fold it up and put it away, which would be most handy out there in a primitive environment.  It turns out that I would have bought a different chair that is rated by customers most highly, but settled on this based upon a single review which did not have a long track history.  A mistake, it appears.

Strongly considering purchasing the chair I originally considered, but now I wonder if these type of chairs are up to the task for which I wish to accomplish.

It is better to find out something like this at home than out in the wilderness.  Thank goodness for that.

Update:

Ordered the different chair mentioned above.  It will come on an expedited order.  Trying to stay on schedule, but this may cause a delay.


No comments: