Sunday, March 29, 2015

Trying out my new toys

Just took a "shower" with my battery powered shower thingie.  Somewhat of a disappointment because of a lack of control over water output.  It pumps until you turn it off, but the switch is way over there when you are way over here.  Not easy.  Didn't get as clean as I would have liked and still used 2 gallons of water.  Splashed water all over the place too.  More water was getting on the floor than getting on me.

I am not too, too unhappy though.  I figure with some practice, I can get better with this thing.  Mainly, not to use too much water.  Water is too scarce to be putting on the floor, for heavens sake.

This was a delivery that happened in the last couple hours.  In that delivery, I also received a head lamp.  I put this thingie together and it works pretty much in a straightforward way.

Another thing that came was the rocket stove.  I don't know about this one.  I can't see where to put the stuff that's going to burn.  There's a grate in there that won't admit anything larger than a small twig.  I was figuring on using charcoal, but those won't fit inside this thing.  Sure, I can find twigs and even cut them down to proper size, but that sure seems like a lot of work to use this thing.  They didn't do enough to design this thing.

Stuff is arriving pretty fast. I should have everything I ordered by Wednesday.  Then probably leave shortly afterward.

Update:

An experiment with the shower mechanism shows that it will pump about a gallon per minute.  This means you'd better get washed quickly if you are to use this thing because it will use up the water at this rate.  I was figuring on using a gallon of water or less.  That plan will have to be adjusted.


No comments: