Thursday, December 18, 2014

Trailer concept F.0 ( Murphy bed frees up floor space )

Prev  Next

The next in the off-the-grid construction sub series.

Yet another floor plan!  I had better get this out of my system before I start building the thing.  You can erase a blueprint, but once the wood is cut, it is cut.  Once you nail something in, it 's nailed in.  Better have this settled out before building.

This system allows for a Murphy bed, which will fold up when not in use.  That way, the rest of the trailer can be used for maximum advantage.  The bed itself can be twin sized and be as strong as I want to make it, because I probably won't find what I need in a store, so I'll have to make the thing myself.  It can be made strong enough to hold a horse, if I want to sleep with one of those.  Hardy har har.

I'm figuring on some finishing touches, like privacy screen for the toilet and shower.  What delicacy!  What considerateness!

Also, I'll put the toilet in its own little storage box so it doesn't gross out anybody when they see it.  When you need to use it, just pull it out on rails.  Push it back in when through.  Since the toilet will have a ventilator on at all times, bad odors should end up outside, thank goodness.

The shower will fold down like a Murphy bed.  It will fit over the rails where the toilet is when it is in use.  What an economy of space!  Yep.  It is a crowded little old trailer, but it just might do me good.



Updated estimates of cost is well under $10 grand.  I'd like to see if anybody can do better.



No comments: