Friday, December 19, 2014

Home again, 12/19/14

Just now getting home, as it has been a long day.  It rained most of the day, so my feet are a bit wet.  Not in the best of moods, but glad to be home.

All during the day, I had these unpleasant thoughts.  Perhaps what kicked it off was the news item that I saw in which the Speaker invited the President to the House for the State of the Union.  Usually, this is no big deal, but we've been hearing how this executive amnesty disregards the Constitution and such, and there was talk that the President would not be invited.  So the Speaker's invitation just looks like another in a series of frivolous moves being made with respect to what Boehner said PRIOR to the amnesty, and what he has done afterwards.  The deeds don't match the words.  That seems to be a pattern.

What about those words?  Do they mean anything at all?  I decided no, that they don't mean anything.  Basically, they are full of crap.  All of them.  All the damned time.

This reminded me of something I read in Herb Cohen's book You Can Negotiate Anything.  It went something like this:  Once you get past the phony tinsel, you get to the REAL tinsel.  Meaning, I suppose, that everything is a bunch of bull.  The deeper you dig, the deeper the bull.

As another example, I know that the media is full of crap.  Now, I've pretty much decided that the so-called conservative media is also full of crap.  For, if they really meant what they said, they would definitely be up in arms over what Obama did.  But they aren't, really.  It's just words.  It's just bullshit.  So, I thought this one joke up, and it made me smile a little.  It goes like this:  You go listen to the MSM and there you get the phony bullshit.  But if you want some real bullshit, go listen to Limbaugh and Company.  For if Limbaugh really believed in what he said he believed in, there'd be a revolution going down.

Why do you suppose Limbaugh gets taken so seriously?  I mean, I took him seriously.  That's why this stuff bugged me so much.  But since I thought up that joke, I realize that it is a waste of time to get angry with them.  Since they are full of crap,  they should be ignored as much as is feasible.  I mean, you have to listen to the news some of the time.  But you aren't obligated to believe any of their bullshit.

But again, why is Limbaugh taken so seriously?  He has always said that he was a "harmless fuzzball".  Yet, he balances that off with things like a claim to be the all knowing all seeing MahaRushie.  Or the doctor of democracy.  Or some other hype meant to promote himself and make himself look SERIOUS, when he is not really.

If you read his first book, perhaps you remember how he fooled somebody in thinking that there was such a thing as a "disgronificator".  He goes on and on about how he got a big kick out of fooling that guy.  So, I wonder how far all of that really goes.  Does he get a kick out of making people take him seriously, when he is really just putting us on?

As for the rest of the people who take him seriously:  do you really want to be taken seriously yourself?  Or is all of this just a big gag made to make you people feel yourselves to be more important than you really are?  If Obama can walk all over you with impunity, you must not be very important at all.

This would have bothered me earlier today, but now, I just shrug my shoulders.  You have to expect something out of somebody in order to be disappointed when they fail you.  If you don't expect much, you won't be disappointed.  The trick here is just to not take them seriously, because they aren't serious people.

Have you ever seen the bumper sticker that says "Since I lost hope, I feel a lot better."  Maybe there's something to that, because I DO feel a little better now.


Update:

Another thing I thought of yesterday was the notion that I had failed.  The blog is a failure and I may as well quit posting on politics.  I would continue with my off grid stuff, but anything having to do with politics would be terminated.

Upon further review, I think I should wait awhile before such drastic action.  But I am thinking about it.


No comments: