Monday, October 20, 2014

A little different tack

This may turn into one of my new category posts---Seinfeld posts.  A few preliminaries:
  • My reward for contributing to Focus Fusion came in--- it's a signed copy of Eric J. Lerner's book.
  • I want to remember that I gave some thought of converting my van to an RV.
  • For some strange reason, business has been slow.  This is supposed to be the busy time of the year.
Okay.  Now for the main event.  Some dude at CNN is saying that Obama is a successful president.  Yeah, but what he's successful about is something of which not to be cheerful.

But that's not what caught my eye.  Instead it is this:

President Roosevelt famously said about Social Security taxes, "with those damn taxes, no damn politician can ever scrap my Social Security program." He was right. Americans came to expect this as a benefit because of the taxes they paid, while millions of elderly Americans soon came to love their monthly pensions—as did middle class families who felt relief from having to shoulder the entire responsibility of taking care of their parents after their retirement.

Wow.  That comes close to stating what the left's intentions have been all along.  Destroy the family.  This is what the writer admires so much.  The Death Cult gets its start right here.

I will be using my Social Security money, if it still exists when I get old enough to receive it.  But I wonder if those who invented this program realize that it may also be helpful in overthrowing it.


No comments: