Saturday, March 8, 2014

Thermal decomposition of methane using a LFTR? ( revisited ) psst special announcement at end of post

The original post was a follow up to the story about using solar power to strip away hydrogen from the carbon.  I proposed in the original post that a LFTR could be used instead.

It turns out that a pdf file was produced that describes a similar process of using a thermal source to strip away the hydrogen.  This paper was written in 2001.

The LFTR would supply the process heat that would be a good fit for temperature.  The results would be pretty good and therefore cheap, as the process heat for a LFTR may be as low a 1 cent per kwh.  Add that to the cost, and it wouldn't be much.  It could produce ammonia to be shipped to the end user to be used in hydrogen fuel cell cars.

How to implement this?  Someone in government would have to do that.

If you vote for me as US Senator from Texas, I would work to implement this as national policy.

Surely you jest, you say.  Well, probably.  Nobody pays attention to this blog.  But maybe they'll pay attention to this.  I'm looking up the possibility for filing for running for US Senator from Texas.  If I can run, and if there aren't any barriers to entry that are too high, maybe I will.  At this point, it kinda depends.

I suppose there wouldn't be any interest to this from this blog post.  I'll put this out there and see who, if anybody, responds.


No comments: