Friday, March 7, 2014

Comparative punditry

As I wrote earlier, where do you go for truth?  There's a lot of pundits out there.  Which ones should you pay attention to?  Why me, of course.  Ha, ha

Seriously, everyone has to decide that for themselves.  As for me, I tend to follow those that I've mentioned here from time to time.  I put those on the sidebar.  It may be time to revisit it, though.  Besides, not everybody who could be on the sidebar is on the sidebar.

I've mentioned Barnhardt a lot.  But she's not on the sidebar.  Then there's Limbaugh.  Limbaugh isn't on the sidebar either.  I've mentioned Glenn Reynolds a lot, but he's not on the sidebar.  Like he needs to be, huh?  Dick Morris comes up a lot too.

Let's take them in order, starting with Barnhardt.  She's self-describes as hard-core.  Yep.  I cannot endorse her, but she has useful things to say from time to time.  She would probably scare the hell out of anybody that has any sense.  She's a bit too hard-core, even for me.  That's saying something.

Limbaugh is somebody I used to listen to a lot, but has lost it.  I'm sorry all you Rush fans, but he is over the hill.  He's yesterday.  He blew it with all the lead up to Iraq, and he has no credibility.  He's all rah, rah, sis boom bah for the GOP.  But the GOP doesn't deserve that kind of idolatry.  Actually, nobody does.

Glenn Reynolds is too trendy.  He has useful things to say, but he is too conventional.

Dick Morris is looking good these days.  He slips up from time to time, but he won't scare anybody.  He may be a little too soft on the cultural issues, but even Morris is sounding too bellicose in the foreign policy issues these days.  He is passing up Limbaugh, if his claims are correct.  He is on the rise.  Those who wish to succeed politically should pay close attention to what he says.

As for others, let's look at a few.  Like Ace.  He's a good writer.  Has a bevy of writers working for him.  Puts out a lot of material.  But it isn't cutting edge.

American Thinker looks like a partisan GOP blog.  They need to sharpen up a bit.  They made a mistake on the energy issue a while back.

Behind the Black is a space blog with a touch of politics.  I come across some good stuff there.

Coyote blog is worth a read.

Protein Wisdom is one in which I should check out more often.  I neglect to go there all too often.

How do you rate them?  I'd have to say that based upon my habits, I'm reading a lot of Barnhardt these days.  I'm wondering if I am reading too much of her stuff.  Morris is getting a lot of attention, too.  They play off each other nicely.  In fact, Morris may be just the kind of guy that drives Barnhardt crazy.

I'm going to have to update the sidebar.  Look for that change soon.

Update:

Done.  The sidebar is near the top.  Maybe if nobody is interested in my stuff, they can read this.

I added Limbaugh and the Mahablog to the list.  Not because I read a lot of them, but because they are mouthpieces of the respective parties.  I strive to maintain an even keel!



No comments: