Tuesday, May 28, 2013

When I saw this I had to chuckle

Chuck Butler, Kitco Commentary

quote:

I had a young man ask me about Japan's stock market the other day. I said, "WOW! What a move this stock market has made. But here's the kicker. For everyone else outside of Japan that buys into the Japanese stock market, they have to convert their base currency for yen, and then buy the stocks with their yen. And the yen has lost 25% in value in the past 6 months, so, the stock market has to gain more than 25% to offset the loss of the yen." The young man looked at me, and said, "my broker didn't tell me that".[emphasis added]

comment:

The "young man" showed his age.  Don't be so gullible.  But that's the trouble these days.  Too many gullible people out there not asking questions that need to be asked.

No comments: