Sunday, May 26, 2013

Odds and Ends about the Blog

A few observations and comments about the blog:
  1. I've put up some audience data on the left sidebar.  I'm often curious about who comes here and why.  That's why I put it up.  As anyone can notice, there's a discrepancy between the numbers provided.  They can't all be true.  Evidently, the pageviews get counted differently according to who's doing the counting.  I'm trying to infer something about the nature of the audience from this.  My best guess is my audience is rather small.
  2. I do have an audience and the comments prove it.  Unfortunately, I do not very often respond to comments.  It would be good practice to do so as it would likely improve my pageviews if I did.  I can't say why I don't respond.  I think it tends toward laziness and a lack of an idea of how to respond to it.  But I should because it is probably not good form not to.
  3. I try constantly to improve the quality of the blog.  But after reading something yesterday that Robert Ringer wrote, that is rather naive to expect that high quality alone will bring the people.  As I wrote in a post yesterday, Ringer is a clever guy.  Frankly, I'd rather keep on the naive route than to resort to cleverness.  This is probably not helpful to me, but what can I say?  Just being me, I guess.
  4. I don't equate popularity with correctness nor quality.  Being popular isn't necessarily right nor correct.  Again, this doesn't help me as popularity is going to be necessary for this blog to succeed.  Otherwise, I may as well not do it.  I'll have to resolve that somehow.

No comments: