Thursday, May 30, 2013

Hargraves book

As noted earlier, I bought the Kindle version of Hargraves book.

As I've been reading, I came across the topic of carbon sequestration.  Nobody asked me, so I'll give my opinion on that here.  I don't like the idea of sequestering carbon dioxide.  I put that into extra strong emphasis because the entire idea of putting a POISON in concentrated form which could ESCAPE into the environment is so STUPID as to be criminal.  As far as I'm concerned, anybody doing this ought to be put up against the wall and shot as a public menace.  Carbon sequestration in this manner is DANGEROUS.  Concentrated carbon dioxide will KILL YOU.  If you were to be unlucky enough to anywhere a leak developed in one of these places, you will DIE.

Okay, back to reading the book.  Just want to say that there are better ways to sequester carbon.  It should be done with biochar.

Update:

I'm sure Hargraves' intention is not to make green energy types feel bad.  He just presents his stuff as a matter of fact way with no editorial comment.  But, I don't see how the greenies can help feeling bad when they see, or read his presentations.  I can think of one example in a video, but I won't say where.  Probably because it isn't helpful.  

Generally speaking, it isn't persuasive to make your audience feel like an idiot, even if it's the truth. Unfortunately, most people seem to have this weakness that allows their egos to be wrapped up in what they believe.  It becomes a part of themselves, so if you say anything that seems critical of that which they believe, even if it is just factual and not insulting, they may get hurt feelings because they perceive it is directed at them personally.

Sometimes this tactful stuff is a bit much to take.  If a thing really is stupid, it is better to just say so.


No comments: