Thursday, February 17, 2011

Can we all just get along?

Is it necessary for a group of people to believe in the same things in order to get along?  For example, James Carville and Mary Matalin are married.  But they are quite different politically.  That's one famous example.  Are there others?  I can think of a couple offhand in my own personal experience.  Example one:  when I started the original Boots and Oil blog back in 2004, there was this liberal gal from Canada who liked to comment on the blog.  We got along ok.  We didn't agree, but we didn't fight nor argue, and speaking for myself, I didn't hate her.  Multiple examples exist within my own relations.  We don't always agree politically, but as far as I know, no of them hate my guts for it.  I think I get along with all of them.  Can you think of examples?  I think it should be evident that people don't have to agree all the time just to get along with each other.

No comments: