Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Is the moonshot still feasible?

This post will fit into my  off-the-grid series of posts.  It will be classified under the general subcategory, or subseries.  It can read end to end by following the links, or the entire series can be accessed through the table of contents post.

Prev   Next

In the last post, I discussed a possible comprehensive system that might work out west in the desert.  It would make water and electricity with a fuel cell.  The fuel cell could be powered by propane or ammonia.

The cost of the system would not be exorbitant, but it appears to be beyond my means.  This leaves other options that could still work.   However, with everything that has happened, the question is whether or not this is still feasible at all for yours truly.

Even if my health stabilizes, and even if my finances stabilizes, I am still in a hole.  This will take some luck and some time to get out of it.  With my luck, I may not have time, much less anything else.

Over the years, I have made many investments.  It is hard for me to cut my losses and just give up.  Yet it may be necessary.  It is not necessary just yet, though.

In theory, I could still do this.  Maybe not the way I would like to do it, but it may still be doable with a lot of luck.

I will leave it there for now.

In the meantime, my work will be theoretical.  I cannot make trips out there with my tight budget.


No comments: