Friday, December 30, 2016

A comprehensive system? Maybe.

This post will fit into my  off-the-grid series of posts.  It will be classified under the general subcategory, or subseries.  It can read end to end by following the links, or the entire series can be accessed through the table of contents post.

Prev   Next

I want to tie together a few posts in order to show how this can fit together into a neat plan.

First of all, the last few posts show how one can transport hydrogen safely from one spot to another with a solid material, such as smelling salts.  Smelling salts are relatively safe, certainly safer than fossil fuels, if you want to compare.  Also safer than transporting plain old ammonia.

You can also use the smelling salts to obtain fresh water, or to recycle dirty water.  My plan is to use only five gallons of water daily, of which I wish to keep at least fifty percent of it, so as to only need to replace it with a couple gallons of fresh water daily.  This is obtainable from a fuel cell system that could be purchased from a company I contacted not that long ago.

Sure, you can make hydrogen out of smelling salts.  But you still need the ammonia to make the smelling salts.  You can get that from a nuclear power source, such as a molten salt reactor.

A plant to make smelling salts using a molten salt reactor could be a killer app for both fuel cell cars and molten salt reactors.

A thought for the night!

As for me, I'd like my own little moonshot to work, but I have to get well first.

That's a whole 'nother problem.


No comments: