Saturday, December 31, 2016

Water experiments... 12.31.16

Prev    Next

Another post in the water sub series in the main off the grid series of posts.

I wanted to try to make a good activated charcoal straw filter, and then use that to clean up some water that came from my sand filter.  Results were disappointing.  Although the straw filter will work on really dirty water, it seems to have its limitations.

Not only that, I tried taking that water just filtered, and then running it through the distiller to see what the best water I could get would be with a real sample.  Again, the results were disappointing.  I got the TDS to show 300 or so.  Not really very good.

The distiller isn't working like I think it should.  It seems to get impurities from the heater hose.

The water seemed cleaner, though.  But there wasn't that much of it.  Still having problems with that weak link I mentioned before.  I cannot fix that until I can get to the hardware store, and that won't happen until I feel better than I do now.

No comments: