Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Off grid notes

Don't want to make this another post in the off grid posts, but will link to it from one of the next ones.

  • Instead of using cattle panels, post holes can be dug, and a metal roof can be installed.
  • More pieces for my passive solar project arrived today.  Should be ready for a test soon.
  • The trip to Dallas is pending.  Once that takes place, I will gone for a couple months.  But I will still be able to post from there.  I won't be able to do any work on my off-grid stuff.
  • Still practicing how to get the most out of my water.  It would be best to not filter it so much, but to divide the water into classes, and use the water accordingly.  A principle should be kept in mind: wash with slightly degraded water, but rinse with clean water.  The rinse water is now the slightly degraded water.  Never filter water saturated with food residues.  Use this water for earthworms.  Never filter soapy water.  This could be used as degraded water along a chain of uses until it can be flushed down the toilet.
  • Been using my dehumidifier.  Getting to know its capabilities.  Collecting a stash of water, and don't know what to do with it.
  • My infirmities seem to change over time.  The main trend holds, however.  Things are not going to get better until I start getting treatment.  After several months, I still haven't received any treatment at all for the cancer, but at least now, I am getting treatment for the symptoms.   One cannot be too happy about that, as it is only the symptoms, not the disease.


No comments: