Saturday, December 3, 2016

A few ideas being tried out

Prev    Next

Another post in the water sub series in the main off the grid series of posts.

Made a trip to the hardware store and got two things.  Thing #1 was a zero water filter.  It comes with a water tester that will tell you how much stuff is in your tap water.  I was surprised by how much.

The filter does get it down to zero, according to the tester.

I don't think I want to use this on real dirty water.  The instructions say that even tap water with a lot of stuff in it will clog the filter.  These filters ain't cheap, I suspect.

Thing #2 was the equipment needed to set up a distiller apparatus that will go on the stove top.  Now this one has been written up a couple times already.  The thing that makes this different is that I actually decided to do something about it.  I am attempting to run that experiment and get some distilled water out of this thing.  It will need some work in order to set it up.

Another thing I am doing is collecting rainwater.  It is a rainy day out here, and I have actually collected plenty of water.  Funny how that is.  All these years, one gets water from someone else.  Now here I am getting it for myself.  What a concept!






No comments: