Saturday, December 17, 2016

Water distiller apparatus nearly ready for testing

Prev    Next

Another post in the water sub series in the main off the grid series of posts.

With the last post, I mentioned three different ideas being tried.  I tried gathering rainwater, but it looks too dirty for my zero water filter.

I tried the zero water filter and it works fine.  It is only for obtaining potable water.  Relatively clean water only will go into this filter.

How to get to the zero water filter point?

That was to be the water distiller.  Relatively dirty water can go through this and if it is still not clean, the filter can be used for the last step.

There are some issues in setting this up, though.   However, I have made some progress and a test may be possible soon.

Getting a gallon of water per day out of the dirty water flow will take a lot of energy.  This step is primarily an experiment.

Managing the water issue is the key to success in my "moonshot".


Update:

Test was unsuccessful.   A part melted, and the water was not clean.  Fix the problem, and try again.


No comments: