Thursday, March 3, 2016

Yesterday's trip

Did I mention that I hate android?  Help should be on the way.  I ordered a new Windows 10 machine, and it should arrive by early next week.

In the meantime, my car's AC stopped working, so I spent yesterday on a trip to the Hill Country to visit the eldest bro, who has a shop there.  Just a simple recharge of the system.  If I had stayed in town, and let the local guy do it, I could have been sold a new compressor or something a lot more expensive.  Anyway, I needed to talk to my bro about the construction project on the property.

Mostly, I was worried about the foundation for the cabin.  Basically, it seems that he believes that my worry is overdone.  It may well be my overreaction to the destruction of my shack, and so this may be a bit overdone.  I know one thing, to fix the issue decisively will require the expenditure of a great deal of time and money, which I do not have.  It is a question of taking the risk of being wrong, I suppose.

There are other risks, which he pointed out.  He told me a story which may give pause about going out there in the first place.  It is possible that conditions can improve out there, especially with the wall that Trump proposes to be built actually gets built.  I suspect that even a wall may not be enough.  There needs to be an organization that can deal with this type of threat.  If such an organization exists, I need to find it and join it.

The outcome of the election may well determine if such an organization can exist within the legal framwork.

If no organization exists, and the matter become one in which I am alone, I must take matters in my own hands.  The big question there is whether or not I am up to such a task, and/or do I really want to take that on?


No comments: