Friday, August 14, 2015

Home again, 8/14/15

Been checking out the portable toilets.  There's a 5 gallon model that can empty in an RV dump station.  Some of the reviews are negative, but it does appear to be functional for most people.

The reason I'm interested in it is that it seems cheap and it is a bit more like home than what I used out there in April.  You can probably use it for at least a couple days, perhaps more.  Don't know for sure, as the descriptions really don't say.  You can kinda figure that at 5 gallons, it doesn't do a whole lot of flushes.

This won't go into the series because there's not a whole lot of info here.

What I'm trying to do is to simulate a system that I can use in order to make use of the land, but not stay on it full time.  That way, I can still produce food so that it helps keep expenses down.  Moreover, to live on it for several days in a week will cut my expenses down.  The rest of the time will be spent at an RV spot.

That system might be cheaper than living in an apartment, but it is far from being dirt cheap, which is what I originally sought to achieve.


No comments: