Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Home again, 8/11/15

A scorcher of a day.  Over a hundred degrees.  That's when it gets my attention fo' sho'.

Fortunately, I've been taking better care of myself lately, or maybe I don't make it through a day like this.

It could've been worse.  I didn't come home one day many years ago.

Changing the subject a bit, I haven't discussed my work on the property lately.  It's beginning to look like it may not work out.  Just doesn't really make a whole lot of sense anymore.

Still, I like the idea of having something of my own, even if it isn't worth a damn, and I really can't afford it.

Update:

Why it doesn't make sense.  Basically, I can do about the same thing for the same money if I did what my brother is doing.  That and a lot less risk.  The disadvantages of the place outweigh the advantages.  I can't make the money numbers work unless I get a job, then the job is over a hundred miles away.  The only way to make it work is to produce an income on the spot, and I don't know of a way to do that.


No comments: