Monday, August 10, 2015

Obligatory, 8/10/15

The weekend went by so fast.   Yesterday was kinda weird.  You see unusual characters these days.

The heat was pretty bad, so I cut the day short.  Seems like this is a bit too easy to do.

As usual, I seem to be pressed for time.  Some of the reason for that is that I'm not all that productive anymore.  Try to move it along, just the same.

By the way, my new phone and a cradle for it allows me to do hands free operation.  That's good for more reason than one.  Now, I can do video posts on the run, if I choose.  Just a thought to make me more productive.  Not enough stuff going up, I suppose.

As for the stuff...

Lately, I've been writing a bit about Trump.  It seems that I may be wrong about his latest comments hurting him.  Polls still have him on top.  This reminds me to stop trying to predict such things.  I don't necessarily get these kinds of things right.  It's hard to figure what people want, so maybe Trump lasts after all.  Just that he doesn't rate all that high with me anymore.

I think I was too optimistic about Trump.  He seems to be a reflection of the culture, which is going down.  Someone like him could not get elected in years past.  Just like Bill Clinton couldn't get elected, but did anyway.  Like Obama.  Seems to be a pattern, doesn't it?

For a contrast, read about Lincoln and how he handled people.  Lincoln was quite tactful in the way he treated the characters in his day.  Trump is about as far from that as is imaginable.  Like I was saying, it is a reflection upon the culture that we could make this guy the president.


No comments: