Thursday, July 2, 2015

Daily Obligatory, 7/2/15

This morning, I'm running downtown to get my inspection sticker, and I will get my permanent "TNC" license.  This will leave me with some spare time this morning, so hence a little later start than usual.

"TNC" means Transportation Network Company, which is in reference to a company like Uber.

I selected this means of making a living because it may be a lot easier on me, and it is very flexible as to time and place.  There may be downsides that I am not seeing now, so I am calling this an experiment.  Maybe it works out, maybe not.  I'll do this on a part time basis until I get the answers I seek.

In the bigger picture, I'm hoping to do this in El Paso when I move out there.  Thus, I will have a means of support when I make the move, which is in contrast to the way I did it just a few months ago.

"Means of support" refers to money, of course.  This is highly ironic, because the whole idea is to not need money, or to need a lot less of it.

However, this is the world we live in.  You have to have money until such a time as when you won't.  That time may be really difficult to achieve for someone like yours truly.  I think I underestimated this when I first started.  My project is becoming rather doubtful right now.  Stuff happens, and that's what I'm dealing with that I didn't anticipate.

A segue here into a discussion about temptation....

Joel Osteen, the pastor of Lakewood Church, once said something on the subject that has stuck with me for years.  He said don't even put yourself in a position where you might be tempted to do wrong.  I think that this is quite good advice, but is hard to implement because of the society in which we now live.  Temptation to do wrong exists all around us now.  I think our over dependence upon money has made us vulnerable to temptation.  We could live better lives if we didn't depend so much upon our money.

In my own little way here, I'm trying to steer people towards this idea that we need to wean ourselves away from our money.

I'm sure that the megalomania that is observable in leadership circles today is largely being driven by money.

It is that megalomania that may destroy us all.  The following may be seen as a stretch, but here goes anyway.  If we weren't so dependent upon money, we don't get homosexual marriage.  Homosexuality is probably a by product of our twisted society, which has become way, way too dependent upon the need for money.  Too much temptation cannot be always be resisted.  In fact, it may be too much to resist.  That's how you end up with wrongful things like this.


No comments: