Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Home again, 6/30/15

An afternoon thunderstorm wreaked havoc on traffic, so I got home late.

Not enough time to do anything, including blogging.

I did think about my project out West.  It was about the water situation.  Also, how to arrange the quonsets in such a way as to promote rain water collection efforts.

A wild idea crossed my mind.  Instead of putting together quonsets, perhaps there's a way to make the cattle panels bend into a ceiling, but not a wall on the other side.  You may have to set up a frame on the opposite side of where the wall is.  Then nail in the cattle panels into a 90 degree angle instead of a 180 degree angle.  In this way, there's a wall on one side, and part of a roof on the other.  You'd connect another cattle panel to that, and then another will go down the opposite side.  Or not use but two, and connect them end to end.  This would make a large arch.  It would be like putting two of them together, but connected with a lot of open air in the middle.

If not that idea, then the quadrangle idea will work, I suppose.

A tank could be placed in the middle of the quadrangle.  I want to be able to collect large amounts of water if it rains a lot ( like it did in September last year ).

This one doesn't go into the series, but I wish to link to it from the next post that does.  ( a reminder for myself.)


No comments: