Thursday, March 5, 2015

General gripe session about government

There's a lot going wrong in our government now.  It appeared that things might improve somewhat when the Democrats lost last November, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Actually, I didn't believe that it would improve.  No, it was a number of other people who call themselves conservatives who actually believed things were going to be better.  Well, how do you like it so far?

I'm not just griping, I'm offering solutions.  With respect to the elections, I suggested NOT VOTING for the guy who wins the primary, but for the opponent, PROVIDED THAT YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH THAT CONGRESSCRITTER.  If you are unhappy today, then what exactly happened that made you unhappy, and why does it make you unhappy?  In my own case, Texas Senator John Cornyn needed to go.  I said as much, and I acted as such.  I VOTED AGAINST CORNYN.  This is the kind of thing you must do if you are unhappy with your representative.  It doesn't work if you do otherwise.

You might say, but I can't vote for THOSE guys.  They are the enemy.  What's the difference if they act like an enemy anyway?  You can punish the office holder by removing him from office.  No matter how corrupt he may well be, he'd rather be a member of Congress than not be one, or, otherwise, he would not run for the office.  PUNISH HIS ASS.  Vote him out.

What I don't get is why are so-called conservatives unhappy with what has just happened?  If they are telling the truth, and they are really, really unhappy, they'd do what I suggest.  I'd be willing to bet that not one in a million would do as I suggest.  You sure as hell don't vote for the guy who has just screwed you over for the upteenth time, but you get conned and you do it anyway.  Refusing to vote ain't the answer either.  You have to do something positive, which is to vote against what annoys, frustrates, or angers you.

Allowing yourself to be conned into voting against yourself is really a masterpiece of deception.  That's how the politicians make their bones.  Why do you ever believe them in the first place?



No comments: