Sunday, February 1, 2015

Off to the usual haphazard start

It seems like I had something going yesterday, but it has gotten away from me.  Yesterday, there were over 10 posts, which is really quite productive.  Not the usual thing lately.  That burst of activity pushed me to over 40 posts in the past week, which is a level not seen on this blog for quite some time.

I think I was blogging EVERYTHING I did or thought about during the day.  Usually, I don't do that.  I'll edit the hell out of everything, so that a lot less actually gets out.

Now, the post I started with was about the supernatural.  This was connected with what I posted yesterday.  This is really what religion is all about.  Don't we have a lot of religious arguments these days?  How do you address this issue?  The issue of the existence or non-existence of the supernatural can be a place to start.  They certainly had arguments during the time of Jesus.  The BIG argument there was whether or not he was the Son of God.  Jesus said He was.  He was crucified for this.  His contemporaries did not believe He was who He said He was ( and is ).  We have that same kind of argument to this very day.

Then, there was a political post.  While I was at the store, I wondered if I should be getting so wrapped up in politics.  It's nothing that I have control over.  I mean, that is why I started working on my off-the-grid stuff.  That political stuff is out of reach for me, yet I still have to keep an eye on it.  We all should keep an eye on these politicians.  They could be the end of us all.

I have no control over what other people think or do.  So, my off-grid stuff is where I should be spending my time, but I am constantly being tugged away from it, and back to this other stuff, about which I can do nothing.  Or nothing much.

It's like Hamlet.  To be or not to be.  That is the "bare bodkin".


No comments: