Monday, September 1, 2014

Road trip's good news, bad news

The good news with respect to the road trip is that I found a place to park on my land, and a place where I can build my cabin.  The bad news is that I can't seem to do much work without feeling pretty tired.

Also, the good news is that my machete worked.  The bad news is that too many other things didn't.

The shovel worked , the electric scooter didn't.

The tent had no instructions and I'm a greenhorn.  So, no tent.  No tent, no air mattress either.  No staying overnight.

The good news is that I collected plenty of information.  The bad news is that I cannot share it here.

Mostly I'm happy just to get out there and do something finally.  But looking back on it now after a couple days, it does seem like something of a disappointment in certain ways.  It is hard to get much done.  It is very expensive to go out there, so between those two facts, progress is likely to be very, very slow.

Update:

The tent does indeed have instructions, but I missed it out on location.  Interestingly enough, it says you need two people for assembly in the instructions, but on the outside labeling, it says only one person can assemble it.  I tried it just now in my apartment.  This thing is unwieldly as all get out.   I figured two people might have a time of it wrestling with this thing.

Why can't things be simple?  Or am I am just too dumb?  I'd like to think it's the former not the latter.

The air mattress really didn't have any instructions.  I bought a 12 volt ( from the vehicle ) pump that would be used to inflate it.  Hopefully that will work.  Better try it out before making an attempt out there on site.

Update:

There are several videos I made and I wish I made more.  There's plenty of level areas out there that would be suitable for a cabin, I imagine.  That's a topic for later consideration, however.

Only spent four hours out there.  Wished it could have been longer.

Update ( Sept 7th ) :

Checked out the scooter problem.  Only a loose wire.  I may have forgotten the key I needed in order to access the battery, motor, and wiring.  Simple mistake.

I noticed lately that my feet start hurting after standing for awhile.  Brought along cushion insoles, but didn't use them.  No reason why I couldn't have.

Bottom line is that I could have been more productive.  Need to do better next time.


No comments: