Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Ever so brief comment upon book "Four Witnesses"

This book came on my radar screen after I read one of Barnhardt's posts.

Given the history of the United States, with its religious freedom as a part of the Bill of Rights, her pointed statements against Protestants raised my antenna just a bit.  Even to this day, there's religious conflict in Europe over the schism between the denominations of Christianity.

The book does make me a bit uneasy, because a case is being made for something that I'm not so sure about.  But I got over that.

Basically, the book doesn't make me want to convert to Catholicism.  It doesn't make me want to convert to Protestantism either.  But it does make me appreciate the history of the Church.  It is valid and real as far as I'm concerned.

I'm missing something, I'm sure.  Maybe I'm just not the church going type.  I understand her point of view better, but that doesn't mean that I will ever agree that everybody had better convert to Catholicism or else.

I'd recommend it to those who want to understand Western Civilization better.  You'd think those people would be here in this country, but who knows these days.


No comments: