Saturday, August 23, 2014

Wishbone

My brother has blogged here a few times.  You can find his stuff by clicking on the label in the topic-subtopic cloud on the left hand sidebar.

I was just thinking of how I'm being pulled from different directions---kinda like pulling on a wishbone.  I don't know why my brother chose that handle---maybe this is it.  I'll ask sometime today.

One thing is that I don't like being a wishbone.  So, the thing to do is to simplify, simplify, simplify.  Prioritize things so that it can all be handled in its due time.  It is pretty easy to let this stuff get you harassed and confused, so keep things prioritized and simplified.

I was pretty busy yesterday, but I'm back in the saddle now. This wasn't a trip out west, though, in case anybody was a-wondering.

The first thing I did when I got back from work yesterday was to try another water filtration experiment.  I screwed it up.  Typical for me to get into too much of a hurry and waste time.  I'll have to take the apparatus apart again and clean it all up again.  Just wasting more time with that.  Things can get neglected if you lose too much time dealing with mistakes.

There's a lot of skills to be learned and sometimes I wonder if I'll have the time to learn them.  That's why I can't allow myself to become a wishbone and let the world get me in too much of a confused state that I can't function effectively.

Update:

Wishbone said he got it from the Wishbone formation that the University of Texas football team used under coach Darrell Royal.  I shoulda known.  "Wishbone" is a sports fanatic.  We had a long and interesting conversation.  He is a real gabby type.  You don't just have 5 minute conversations with Wishbone.  He'll talk your ears off.


No comments: