Thursday, May 15, 2014

On not expending good money after bad

I supported Focus Fusion because I believed that Eric Lerner has a good concept.  But I'm not a physicist, so I can't evaluate it like a trained physicist can.  I am going on faith that he has a good and worthy idea.

What if he doesn't?  In that case, he is either lying or he is honestly mistaken.

I could have given more to Focus Fusion, but I can't be certain that he is right.  So, I kept the donation down to a relatively low level.

If Lerner is lying, then he is what I call a moneygrubber.  These are people who put money before principle or morality.  They obey the laws of their god, the money-king.

I don't think Lerner is such a man.  Some people might think he's just a kook.  That's possible, but if it isn't?

The costs are low, the potential benefits are staggering.  It's worth the chance.  That's why I donated.

I wish I could convince EVERYBODY to throw in whatever you can, and help this man.


No comments: