Thursday, March 21, 2013

Michael Crichton on religion

Collecting my Thoughts

Today, one of the most powerful religions in the Western World is environmentalism. Environmentalism seems to be the religion of choice for urban atheists. Why do I say it's a religion? Well, just look at the beliefs. If you look carefully, you see that environmentalism is in fact a perfect 21st century remapping of traditional Judeo-Christian beliefs and myths.
I link to this quote because I saw it yesterday, but don't remember where.  So, I linked it here.

It seems that recently someone said that carbon taxes and carbon trading schemes will fight global warming.  You have to have a lot of faith to believe that.  Europe has those things, but America is reducing its carbon emissions faster than Europe is.  It is not helping Europe solve that problem.  In fact, it is leading Europe to disaster.

Call me a conspiracy mongerer if you must.  But I don't think they are fighting climate change.  They are fighting the people.  The people would not freely choose this if they knew all of the options.


No comments: