Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mike Huckabee

Yesterday, it was Gingrich.  Today, it will be Mike Huckabee.  Frankly, I don't know much about the man. Only from the Wikipedia entry I just read.  The reason is that I don't watch TV.  He is on TV with his own program, so I guess I could have learned something there.

I'll be reading one of his books today, so the posting may be pretty light.  I hope to read everything that is relevant and be able to write up something about it by the end of the day.

Update:
Just read the fifth chapter of this book.   The "Roach Motel" reference got my attention.  Very amusing.  I noted a lot of good quotes in that chapter, but I'll leave that until later.

Update:
Now Chapter 13 has been finished.  I'll give Huckabee credit for coming up with very good stuff that can work on a soundbite.  BUT, what he ended that chapter with sounded an awful lot like carbon trading. Sorry, that's a great big no no to me.  I dislke that with same intensity that the devil hates holy water.  Maybe that's a bad analogy, so be it.  There's no idea that I hate with more intensity than that one.  For people to latch on to that one is like taking a revolver to your head and pulling the trigger.  It makes no sense whatsoever to pay more for anything than what is absolutely necessary.  It is not necessary to do this.  Ever.

I'll keep reading.  If I find anything else like this, I am not going to like it.

Update:

It should be noted that Huckabee didn't formally say that he supported carbon trading. I haven't found anything like that yet. Overall, I find no fault with the book. There's plenty of good material here. In fact, some of what he says sound a lot like what I've written here. It may seem like I am copy catting him, but frankly, I hardly knew anything about him. His observations and mine, to the extent that they are alike, are simply a coincidence.

At this point, I rated Gingrich and Huckabee very close. There are differences, but it may be a matter of style, as opposed to substance. That statement may not be appreciated by supporters of either, come to think of it. Everybody likes to be his own man. They aren't clones.

No comments: