Sunday, May 8, 2011

Cloward-Piven strategy

Described here on Wikipedia.  The article states that Glen Beck talked about it.  Since I never watched TV, I haven't seen Beck but once, on a YouTube video just recently.  When you look at the debt situation, you can't help but notice the parallels between what this strategy intended and the direction in which we are headed.

Since I don't listen to talk radio much anymore and I don't watch TV or Beck, nobody can claim that I am being taken in by far right wing ideology.  I have just been watching all this over the years.  Plus, I noted that this was beginning to gather steam in the Bush years.  It has also occurred to me that the Republicans, for all intents and purposes, are not any different from Democrats.  Hence, the Politics Schmolitics label on my posts.  My sources and methods are independent.

I just don't trust the politicians anymore.  Doesn't matter what political stripe, they end up doing the same thing.  Ultimately, the idea is to divide and conquer.  Isn't that what they are doing?  The pretend to offer opposition while out of power, but when in power, they just keep doing the same things as was being done before.  The belief is, when you throw the bums out, that change will occur.  What change?  Nothing changes and we keep moving towards the brink.  People end up at each others throats, divided and quarelling , but that works in the favor of the politicians whose real worry is that the people catch on, unite, and put an end to this nonsense.

No comments: