Monday, May 9, 2011

Amazon comment

The following comment I just now wrote in response to a review on Amazon.com with respect to one of Newt Gingrich's books.

Since you wrote this in 2008, perhaps you weren't paying attention to his "solutions". At least one, in which I participated in to some extent, was quite helpful in reducing gas prices at the pump. "Drill here, drill now, pay less" was successful in getting President George W Bush to remove the restrictions upon offshore drilling. This worked great, as prices went down considerably. People may attribute that (the drop in gas prices) to a poor economy, but I don't agree. It so turned out, that there were other problems in the economy that proved too much to handle. You might say, if it weren't for that, things could easily have been worse.

Frankly, I don't know enough about Gingrich to say at this point if he deserves to be taken seriously as a candidate for president. But as for him not having solutions, I think you are not giving him enough credit.

The more I look into Newt, the more I like. That is why I am considering this book. I think you brush him off a little too quickly. Try looking again, this time with an honest look, if you don't mind.

Update:

I just ordered a free sample on Kindle of Newt Gingrich's book "Winning the Future".

Update:

I read the free sample and bought the book.  But my Kindle needs recharging, so I won't be reading it just yet.  He has written a lot of books, including a newer one than this, which was written around 2005.

No comments: