Sunday, October 25, 2020

Solar panel

Off-grid post--- 10-25-20


Cross my fingers, the solar panel appears to be online! About freakin' time. This has been one long, long trip. It shouldn't have been this way, as it is very simple. But there were a few snags, obviously.

The last of the parts arrived on this past Monday. From Monday to Sunday, I fought this thing until I was successful. The problem centers around two areas. One of them is me, the other is this controller.

The problem with the controller is that wires keep coming out. This was a factor in the failure of the other system.

The wires keep coming out because the thing is cheap. If you tighten down too hard, you'll strip out the screws. This happened. I figured out a way around that problem, but it is still a damaged article now. For now, it works fine. If it fails, another one is already on the way.

The other problem is with myself. I made some pretty dumb mistakes. One of them was to get the wires crossed. It might take a book to understand how and why something so stupid could have happened. Lucky for me, it didn't seem to harm anything. Cross my fingers.

The main thing is that I have it back. Cross my fingers.



No comments: