Monday, October 14, 2019

Obligatory, 10.14.19

Yesterday was one of the few times I didn't post something here.

I got a shingles vaccine on Saturday, and this pretty much laid me out all day Sunday.  I'm feeling somewhat better this morning.  Back at 'em, I suppose.

You have to get two of these.  I already had one, and so the symptoms were not unexpected.  Evidently memories are short though.  I don't remember feeling it this much the last time.  But now that I've been through it, I'd say bad memories are forgotten quickly.

Was it that bad?  Well, I googled it, and the symptoms for chicken pox are quite similar.  After all, that is what shingles is, in case you didn't know.  These days, chicken pox is rare.  There is a vaccine for it, and the incidence of this illness has been reduced to a rarity.  Maybe people don't know about chicken pox anymore.  Who knows?  I had it as a kid.  I figured everybody got it.  It is probably not far off assumption for those in my age group to assume that everyone gets it.  But it is no longer the case, so there may be people whose knowledge comes only from reading about it.

So there's the explanation for not having any posts up yesterday.  Any rumors to my demise were greatly exaggerated.


No comments: