Saturday, January 19, 2019

Change of pace

A little walk down memory lane.  On Instapundit, there was something about how kids today are overprotected.  Heck, I thought I was overprotected.  But this story here says it is really unusual for a kid to walk home from school.  I was walking home from school right from the beginning.  It actually took me across a busy street in those days--- Washington Avenue.   There was a crossing guard there, at least.

That thought got me thinking about those times, which led me to the question of what will be the Fate of the Astrodome?  I can remember the time when the Dome was under construction.  (That actually skipped a few steps down memory lane, but I am not going to write about all that.)

It looks like they will not tear it down.  At least not yet.



No comments: