Sunday, March 11, 2018

Data leaks and so forth

Well, here we are again.  My phone says I am using data in huge gulps, but I
have my doubts.  Instead of having fixed the problem, it only seems to have gotten worse. It says I used nearly a gig the other day...  What???  No way.  No way.  There
is definitely something going on, and I haven't put my finger on it yet, even
though I thought I did.

So, now I will try other things to stop the data leaks.

Since I use the phone so much, I have become pretty dependent upon it.  I am
going to need to use it a lot less, and do other things to occupy my time.
Because of that, my posting shall be limited for the foreseeable future.  No way
that I am going to keep adding money to this thing.  It is sucking down too
much as is.

I got the phone for I want to do, not what somebody else wants me to do.  So, this thing is going to get cut off, and go on a strict data diet.

However, I notice once again, that--- as soon as I get away from this garbage, I
feel better.   There has to be some kind of balance.  You cannot spend too much
time in front of the dad gum machine.

.... the next day, which is Sunday
.
Slept in pretty late.  As of this writing, it is nearly 10:30 am.

Back to the phone issue...  I have studied it a bit, and I think the anti-virus
may be adding significantly to the data total.  Why this is true, I don't know.
The phone software says that it is taking up a large part of the data stream,
but a lot remains unaccounted for.  One thing is certain, that a lot of this
is taking place in the background.  This is a big reason to be suspicious of
something going on here.  It seems the less I use, the more of the data is in
the background.

Anyway, I am spending more time off-line, and figuring a stragedy ( I know that
is a misspelling, it is a joke ) to fix this.

In the meantime, I am reading the New Testament.  Imagine that.  A few things
here that require comment.  First of all, it seems as though the story after
the Gospels is a continuous one.  I am sure of lot of people who have received something of that education at Sunday school, yours truly was not one of those.  Very little time in Sunday school for yours truly.  So, this was news to me.
 
Which makes me wonder how much of this would be news to others?

Anyway, the story in Acts shows how the early church got started.  The early
church suffered under a great deal of opposition, as you might imagine ( assuming
you are like me, and remain ignorant of this story. )

Also, it should be noted that to be a Christian today, you run the risk of hate
speech.  Yes indeed, it is right there in Romans, which comes right after Acts.
It is the most stringent anti-homosexual doctrine that you can imagine, and I
can understand how the homosexuals would boo at gatherings of Democrats, when the
mention of God occurs.

They KNOW what they do is against Christianity.  But they intend to change
Christianity.  That's because there is no gray area to hide behind in Romans.
By the way, Romans in the New Testament is where the apostle Paul first arrives
to Rome.  You can imagine what he found there at that time.

'Nuff said for now.  I will continue reading this.  It has applications and lessons
to our present, believe it or not.  I'm sure many out there would have this
kind of thinking suppressed.

Just saying.


No comments: