Saturday, March 11, 2017

Whither Obamacare

It might seem the depth of ingratitude for me to want to see the demise of Obamacare, when I am about to benefit from it greatly.

Yet I wonder if it is good policy overall.  Even if it benefits me personally, I do not see that as a good enough reason to support it.

But now I see that there could be some value in it, after all.  Again, let's not be ungrateful.

The GOP seems to be considering a bill that would give refundable tax credits as opposed to subsidies.  If one policy really is superior to the other, then let them compete.  Give people the option of the GOP plan or Obamacare.  If Obamacare is going to collapse, this may well help collapse it.

It sure would be better than cutting off the knees of people who are in the middle of difficult and expensive treatments, and may have no options.

Know what I mean, Vern?



No comments: