Saturday, March 11, 2017

Shoring up some weak points

Prev   Next

This post will go into the Construction sub-series of the off-the-grid main series of posts.  These posts can be accessed from a table of contents and watched individually or in series from beginning to end.

Well, I have returned from Dallas, and I'm going to wait a week or longer to go back to stay for a couple months.  This morning, I felt a bit energetic, so I started to beef up my sliding door to the bedroom area of the trailer.

After cutting a few pieces of wood and screwing them down, it looks to be sturdy enough for regular use.  However, it is not sturdy enough for traveling, most likely  It may need a few more touches.

Since the bedroom is only about eight by eight, it reminds me a bit of the "coffin" concept.  This will enable a low power device to more easily climate control the small area.  I'm thinking of passive solar in the winter, and swamp coolers in the summer.

My carpentry skills are not that hot.  This thing looks like hell.  But I don't care.  As long as it works and doesn't fall apart, I'm okay with it.  Just doesn't look pretty, that's all.

Update:

Did a few more improvements.  It looks a tiny bit better, and is better insulated.  However, there is more room for improvement in terms of insulation.  Appearance wise, just not that important.


No comments: