Monday, October 10, 2016

Failure to Communicate ( repost )

NoteThis is going to be reposted because there comes a time when all you can do is shrug and say, "I tried".  It's like talking to a wall sometimes.  When you get to that point, you have to concede defeat.  Just like the Warden said in the movie, --- "Some people you just can't reach."

The original post follows:




This has been posted before on the blog, but what the heck?  Might as well do it again.  It has become something of an icon in the culture.

The Captain strikes down "Cool Hand Luke" because he said: "I wish you would stop being so good to me, Captain."  The Captain is enraged, and his blow sends Luke down the hill.  Thereupon, he delivers his short, but famous little speech.

It reminds me of certain elements in our leadership who do things "for our own good".  Like Luke, I wish they would stop being so good to us.








No comments: