Friday, May 15, 2015

Westboro Baptist Church

That name came up in the WaPo article I was just reading.  The same sex bunch are fairly confident of victory, but is that confidence justified?

I'm not so sure now.  For awhile there, I was a bit worried, and still am.  However, I'm hoping that good sense prevails, and the same sex marriage crowd will lose, and lose big time.

As I mentioned, the name came up, and of course it conjures up images of really bad human beings that hate other people who are just different.  But I went to their website, and they just seem to be a bit more clever than average in using the phrase "God hates Fags".

That phrase gets attention you see.  After all, I googled it myself.  I checked them out, and no, they aren't a bunch of mindless "haters".  They cite the reasons for what they believe.  You may not agree, but you can't say that what they say is without reason.

But it is unfortunate that such phrasing is necessary in order to get attention.

The supporters of same sex marriage have no arguments.  None.  Zero.  Zilch.  Nope.  If the primary thing that they can cite is that "animals do it", meaning same sex acts, then they must lose.  Do animals get married?  Do they believe in God?  Or are they atheist?  To cite what animals do is a rather poor justification.  It shows the rather poorly developed mental state that these people have fallen into.  Have we really sunk to the level of animals as a way to organize a civilized life?  It is oxymoronic.  Animals live in a state of nature, which is amoral.  Is that the way we should be?


No comments: